At Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC, Dr. Denise Stone can enhance your smile and oral health with the help of cosmetic dentistry. Whether you are living with severe discoloration on the enamel, chips/cracks in their tooth structure, or have missing teeth, Dr. Stone has an excellent array of services to help preserve your pearly whites as long as possible.
To learn more about the types of cosmetic dentistry procedures provided, read on, and schedule a consultation to determine which would be best for you.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes services that improve the size, shape, color, and appearance of one or multiple teeth. The goal is to improve the functionality, aesthetics, and overall appearance of your smile. Although most of these procedures are typically elective, others offer restorative characteristics as well.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are many advantages to restoring the appearance and health of your smile, such as:
- A boost in self-esteem and confidence
- Prevent further dental damage
- A strengthened bite and chewing force
- Improved oral health
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
These are just a few of the popular cosmetic dental treatments Dr. Stone offers from her Charleston office. A complete list can be found on our website. After evaluating your teeth and gums during an oral examination, and discovering what you hope to achieve as a result, she can determine the best type of cosmetic dentistry procedure for you.
- Bonding - tooth-colored resin material bonds to enamel and is shaped and polished to match your natural shade
- Orthodontics - traditional braces or clear aligners move the teeth into their correct position for better alignment
- Porcelain veneers - wafer-thin custom shells that fit over the surface of enamel to improve their appearance
- Crowns and Bridgework - a tooth-shaped cap that restores strength, size, and function
- Professional teeth whitening - uses a safe and effective bleaching agent to eliminate discoloration
If your smile could use a minor or total makeover, consult with Dr. Denise Stone to determine which type of cosmetic dentistry procedure is the best course of action for your specific case. During your initial visit, she will address your smile goals, as well as any questions or concerns you may have. For more information about cosmetic dentistry and other services provided at Stone Family Dentistry, visit our website. For appointment scheduling in our Charleston, SC, office, please call (843) 556-6566.