Posts for tag: Cosmetic Dentistry
At Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC, Dr. Denise Stone can enhance your smile and oral health with the help of cosmetic dentistry. Whether you are living with severe discoloration on the enamel, chips/cracks in their tooth structure, or have missing teeth, Dr. Stone has an excellent array of services to help preserve your pearly whites as long as possible.
To learn more about the types of cosmetic dentistry procedures provided, read on, and schedule a consultation to determine which would be best for you.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes services that improve the size, shape, color, and appearance of one or multiple teeth. The goal is to improve the functionality, aesthetics, and overall appearance of your smile. Although most of these procedures are typically elective, others offer restorative characteristics as well.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are many advantages to restoring the appearance and health of your smile, such as:
- A boost in self-esteem and confidence
- Prevent further dental damage
- A strengthened bite and chewing force
- Improved oral health
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
These are just a few of the popular cosmetic dental treatments Dr. Stone offers from her Charleston office. A complete list can be found on our website. After evaluating your teeth and gums during an oral examination, and discovering what you hope to achieve as a result, she can determine the best type of cosmetic dentistry procedure for you.
- Bonding - tooth-colored resin material bonds to enamel and is shaped and polished to match your natural shade
- Orthodontics - traditional braces or clear aligners move the teeth into their correct position for better alignment
- Porcelain veneers - wafer-thin custom shells that fit over the surface of enamel to improve their appearance
- Crowns and Bridgework - a tooth-shaped cap that restores strength, size, and function
- Professional teeth whitening - uses a safe and effective bleaching agent to eliminate discoloration
If your smile could use a minor or total makeover, consult with Dr. Denise Stone to determine which type of cosmetic dentistry procedure is the best course of action for your specific case. During your initial visit, she will address your smile goals, as well as any questions or concerns you may have. For more information about cosmetic dentistry and other services provided at Stone Family Dentistry, visit our website. For appointment scheduling in our Charleston, SC, office, please call (843) 556-6566.
Isn’t it time that you felt more confident in your smile?
In this day and age, there is no reason for people to feel embarrassed by their smiles. Here at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC, our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Denise Stone, offers the latest aesthetic treatments and techniques to tweak common imperfections and to give people the smiles that they’ve always wanted. Are you contemplating your cosmetic dentistry options? Here’s what you should know,
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
While preventive dentistry provides you with the dental care you need to prevent cavities and keep your teeth/gums healthy, cosmetic dentistry’s main focus is on the look of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry can be a great option for any healthy adult in Charleston, SC, who wants to enhance their teeth, gums or overall appearance of their smile. Here are some of the most popular cosmetic treatments that we offer:
While there are ways to whiten teeth on your own, they are often slow-to-work and provide disappointing results. Conversely, professional bleaching options provide quick results and dramatic improvements.
Professional bleaching is the perfect option for those looking to get a whiter smile before their wedding day or a special occasion. For those who would like to brighten their smiles on their own schedule, we provide at-home whitening kits.
If one of your teeth is slightly cracked, stained or misshapen, dental bonding can help reshape it. During treatment, Dr. Stone will apply a tooth-colored resin to these areas of the tooth to cover imperfections and to improve its appearance. Once the resin is shaped, it’s hardened into place as a permanent solution to the issue. Bonding is a great and affordable way to enhance your smile.
If you wish to alter the shape, size, color, or alignment of your smile, dental veneers could be the solution. These fingernail-sized porcelain shells are bonded to the front of teeth in order to hide common imperfections. The porcelain is also matched to the shade of your teeth to give you natural results. Veneers can improve misshapen or oddly shaped smiles while covering stains, gaps between teeth, and other flaws.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Your dream smile is waiting. Call Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC, today at (843) 556-6566 to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options with Dr. Stone.
Damage, discolorations, and other tooth issues don't have to be permanent smile issues. Your Charleston, SC, dentist, Dr. Denise Stone of Stone Family Dentistry, offers teeth whitening, veneers, and other cosmetic dentistry treatments that can renew the look of your teeth!
Brighten your smile with teeth whitening
Stains from dark-colored foods and beverages can dull your once-bright smile. Your Charleston dentist uses professional-strength hydrogen peroxide to safely break apart stains in your tooth enamel. In-office treatment only takes about an hour and can lighten your teeth by three to eight shades. Take-home kits are also available if you want to touch up your whitening results occasionally or want to whiten at home.
Hide flaws with dental veneers
Dental veneers improve flaws by concealing them behind a layer of plastic or porcelain. The tooth-shaped shells are about as thick as a contact lens yet completely cover a variety of imperfections. Your dentist may suggest veneers if you want to change the length or shape of a tooth, make the gaps between teeth disappear, or conceal cracks, chips, or uneven surfaces. Stain-resistant veneers also offer a long-lasting alternative to teeth whitening.
Replace missing teeth with bridges, dentures, or dental implants
If you're like most people, you probably took your ability to chew for granted until you experienced tooth loss. Although appearance is a key consideration after the loss of one or more teeth, it's not the only effect of tooth loss. For example, jawbone deterioration is common in those who have lost teeth, and eating becomes much more difficult with a damaged smile.
Fortunately, one of these options can make your smile full again:
- Bridges: Bridges are a good choice if you've lost one or two teeth. These restorations consist of one or more artificial teeth between two anchoring crowns.
- Dentures: Dentures a good choice if you've lost either all of your teeth or several in a row. Partial dentures are used to replace several missing teeth, while full or immediate dentures restore your smile if you've lost all of your upper or lower teeth.
- Dental Implants: Unlike bridges or dentures, implants restore both the roots and crowns of missing teeth. Consisting of dental crowns connected to jawbone-bonding-titanium implants, these restorations are very comfortable and feel nearly identical to natural teeth. Implant-supported dentures offer an alternative to traditional full dentures.
Need some cosmetic dentistry work? Give us a call!
Upgrade your smile with one of our cosmetic dentistry treatments! Call our Charleston, SC, office today at (843) 556-6566 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stone.
When it's time for a smile makeover, how will you know which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you? Cosmetic changes are a specialty at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston. Dr. Denise Stone guides her patients through the many choices involved in smile makeovers. Whether you want small changes, or extensive rejuvenation of your teeth and gums, your cosmetic dentist can deliver the results.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
For the past three decades, cosmetic dentistry has gained favor across the country. Specially trained cosmetic dentists not only care for the health and longevity of their patients' teeth and gums, they also offer treatment plans which improve:
- Tooth color, shape, and texture
- Dental alignment and bite
- Teeth marred by defects such as hairline cracks, odd size, chips, and more
- Size and location of gum tissue (gummy smile)
At Stone Family Dentistry Charleston, your dentists offer premier diagnostics, imaging, and materials which complete cosmetic makeovers safely and ensure the improvements last with good at-home and in-office care.
Which services are right for you?
Between you and Dr. Stone, you will agree upon a treatment plan, and rest assured, your dentist knows from experience which services work well, depending on age, gender, tooth size and shape and more. Be sure you tell Dr. Stone your preferences because he or she should know what you perceive as the perfect smile. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that the consultation between dentist and patient is key to successful smile enhancement.
Offered cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Dental implants, the state-of-the-art tooth replacements anchored by titanium roots inserted into the jaw for maximum biting force and bone integrity
- Porcelain crowns, ceramic jackets which cover remaining enamel on teeth damaged by decay, injury, and other conditions
- Tooth-colored fillings which restore decayed teeth with a natural-looking resin material
- Composite resin bonding, an acrylic/glass material which adheres to and repairs chips, cracks, and other flaws
- Porcelain veneers, whisper-thin laminates which disguise the front of teeth which are discolored, chipped, or pitted
Maintaining your new smile
- Brush twice a day with a quality toothpaste and a soft toothbrush
- Floss daily to remove deposits of plaque
- See your dentist twice a year for exams and cleanings
- Avoid tobacco of all kinds
- Limit foods and beverages which stain teeth
Cosmetic dentistry is an exciting specialty available to older teen and adult patients at Stone Family Dentistry. For more information on how to rejuvenate your smile and feel more confident, contact the office team in Charleston, SC, for a consultation with Dr. Denise Stone at (843) 556-6566.
Showing off your smile is something that you should feel proud of. Unfortunately, in many situations, your teeth may make you feel just the opposite. With help from your dentist, you can correct the imperfections in your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and some of its common procedures with Dr. Denise Stone and Dr. David Stone Jr. at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Charleston, SC
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a procedure which provides big results in a short time frame. During a teeth whitening procedure, whitening gel placed onto the teeth causes a chemical reaction which breaks the bonds holding together its stains molecules, providing a whiter appearance. Teeth whitening procedures usually last about an hour and sometimes require touch-up appointments after about a year.
- Dental Implants: Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants replace both a missing tooth and its root. This revolutionary procedure utilizes the body’s natural healing abilities and takes advantage of a process called osseointegration. The bone grows around the implant, which your dentist surgically places, providing a permanent and natural looking tooth replacement.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are porcelain dental restorations which cover the surface of a tooth to provide a whole new look. Veneers can improve the appearance of chipped, cracked, misshapen, discolored, or otherwise compromised teeth.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns and bridges can restore the biting surface of your teeth to provide a renewed appearance and functionality. A crown, which fits over a tooth, helps stabilize and protect a weakened tooth. A dental bridge replaces a tooth above the gumline. The bridge uses a dental crown on each side to stay in place.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Contouring and reshaping procedures reshape a tooth’s enamel to improve its appearance. This fast and easy procedure can make a big impact, treating uneven, slightly misshapen, or chipped teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or its procedures, please contact Dr. Denise Stone and Dr. David Stone Jr. at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC. Call (843) 556-6566 to schedule your consultation for a cosmetic dentistry procedure with your dentist today!