Posts for: January, 2019
When it's time for a smile makeover, how will you know which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you? Cosmetic changes are a specialty at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston. Dr. Denise Stone guides her patients through the many choices involved in smile makeovers. Whether you want small changes, or extensive rejuvenation of your teeth and gums, your cosmetic dentist can deliver the results.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
For the past three decades, cosmetic dentistry has gained favor across the country. Specially trained cosmetic dentists not only care for the health and longevity of their patients' teeth and gums, they also offer treatment plans which improve:
- Tooth color, shape, and texture
- Dental alignment and bite
- Teeth marred by defects such as hairline cracks, odd size, chips, and more
- Size and location of gum tissue (gummy smile)
At Stone Family Dentistry Charleston, your dentists offer premier diagnostics, imaging, and materials which complete cosmetic makeovers safely and ensure the improvements last with good at-home and in-office care.
Which services are right for you?
Between you and Dr. Stone, you will agree upon a treatment plan, and rest assured, your dentist knows from experience which services work well, depending on age, gender, tooth size and shape and more. Be sure you tell Dr. Stone your preferences because he or she should know what you perceive as the perfect smile. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that the consultation between dentist and patient is key to successful smile enhancement.
Offered cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Dental implants, the state-of-the-art tooth replacements anchored by titanium roots inserted into the jaw for maximum biting force and bone integrity
- Porcelain crowns, ceramic jackets which cover remaining enamel on teeth damaged by decay, injury, and other conditions
- Tooth-colored fillings which restore decayed teeth with a natural-looking resin material
- Composite resin bonding, an acrylic/glass material which adheres to and repairs chips, cracks, and other flaws
- Porcelain veneers, whisper-thin laminates which disguise the front of teeth which are discolored, chipped, or pitted
Maintaining your new smile
- Brush twice a day with a quality toothpaste and a soft toothbrush
- Floss daily to remove deposits of plaque
- See your dentist twice a year for exams and cleanings
- Avoid tobacco of all kinds
- Limit foods and beverages which stain teeth
Cosmetic dentistry is an exciting specialty available to older teen and adult patients at Stone Family Dentistry. For more information on how to rejuvenate your smile and feel more confident, contact the office team in Charleston, SC, for a consultation with Dr. Denise Stone at (843) 556-6566.