Posts for tag: Cosmetic Dentistry
Damage, discolorations, and other tooth issues don't have to be permanent smile issues. Your Charleston, SC, dentist, Dr. Denise Stone of Stone Family Dentistry, offers teeth whitening, veneers, and other cosmetic dentistry treatments that can renew the look of your teeth!
Brighten your smile with teeth whitening
Stains from dark-colored foods and beverages can dull your once-bright smile. Your Charleston dentist uses professional-strength hydrogen peroxide to safely break apart stains in your tooth enamel. In-office treatment only takes about an hour and can lighten your teeth by three to eight shades. Take-home kits are also available if you want to touch up your whitening results occasionally or want to whiten at home.
Hide flaws with dental veneers
Dental veneers improve flaws by concealing them behind a layer of plastic or porcelain. The tooth-shaped shells are about as thick as a contact lens yet completely cover a variety of imperfections. Your dentist may suggest veneers if you want to change the length or shape of a tooth, make the gaps between teeth disappear, or conceal cracks, chips, or uneven surfaces. Stain-resistant veneers also offer a long-lasting alternative to teeth whitening.
Replace missing teeth with bridges, dentures, or dental implants
If you're like most people, you probably took your ability to chew for granted until you experienced tooth loss. Although appearance is a key consideration after the loss of one or more teeth, it's not the only effect of tooth loss. For example, jawbone deterioration is common in those who have lost teeth, and eating becomes much more difficult with a damaged smile.
Fortunately, one of these options can make your smile full again:
- Bridges: Bridges are a good choice if you've lost one or two teeth. These restorations consist of one or more artificial teeth between two anchoring crowns.
- Dentures: Dentures a good choice if you've lost either all of your teeth or several in a row. Partial dentures are used to replace several missing teeth, while full or immediate dentures restore your smile if you've lost all of your upper or lower teeth.
- Dental Implants: Unlike bridges or dentures, implants restore both the roots and crowns of missing teeth. Consisting of dental crowns connected to jawbone-bonding-titanium implants, these restorations are very comfortable and feel nearly identical to natural teeth. Implant-supported dentures offer an alternative to traditional full dentures.
Need some cosmetic dentistry work? Give us a call!
Upgrade your smile with one of our cosmetic dentistry treatments! Call our Charleston, SC, office today at (843) 556-6566 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Stone.
When it's time for a smile makeover, how will you know which cosmetic dentistry procedure is right for you? Cosmetic changes are a specialty at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston. Dr. Denise Stone guides her patients through the many choices involved in smile makeovers. Whether you want small changes, or extensive rejuvenation of your teeth and gums, your cosmetic dentist can deliver the results.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
For the past three decades, cosmetic dentistry has gained favor across the country. Specially trained cosmetic dentists not only care for the health and longevity of their patients' teeth and gums, they also offer treatment plans which improve:
- Tooth color, shape, and texture
- Dental alignment and bite
- Teeth marred by defects such as hairline cracks, odd size, chips, and more
- Size and location of gum tissue (gummy smile)
At Stone Family Dentistry Charleston, your dentists offer premier diagnostics, imaging, and materials which complete cosmetic makeovers safely and ensure the improvements last with good at-home and in-office care.
Which services are right for you?
Between you and Dr. Stone, you will agree upon a treatment plan, and rest assured, your dentist knows from experience which services work well, depending on age, gender, tooth size and shape and more. Be sure you tell Dr. Stone your preferences because he or she should know what you perceive as the perfect smile. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that the consultation between dentist and patient is key to successful smile enhancement.
Offered cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Dental implants, the state-of-the-art tooth replacements anchored by titanium roots inserted into the jaw for maximum biting force and bone integrity
- Porcelain crowns, ceramic jackets which cover remaining enamel on teeth damaged by decay, injury, and other conditions
- Tooth-colored fillings which restore decayed teeth with a natural-looking resin material
- Composite resin bonding, an acrylic/glass material which adheres to and repairs chips, cracks, and other flaws
- Porcelain veneers, whisper-thin laminates which disguise the front of teeth which are discolored, chipped, or pitted
Maintaining your new smile
- Brush twice a day with a quality toothpaste and a soft toothbrush
- Floss daily to remove deposits of plaque
- See your dentist twice a year for exams and cleanings
- Avoid tobacco of all kinds
- Limit foods and beverages which stain teeth
Cosmetic dentistry is an exciting specialty available to older teen and adult patients at Stone Family Dentistry. For more information on how to rejuvenate your smile and feel more confident, contact the office team in Charleston, SC, for a consultation with Dr. Denise Stone at (843) 556-6566.
Showing off your smile is something that you should feel proud of. Unfortunately, in many situations, your teeth may make you feel just the opposite. With help from your dentist, you can correct the imperfections in your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry and some of its common procedures with Dr. Denise Stone and Dr. David Stone Jr. at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Charleston, SC
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a procedure which provides big results in a short time frame. During a teeth whitening procedure, whitening gel placed onto the teeth causes a chemical reaction which breaks the bonds holding together its stains molecules, providing a whiter appearance. Teeth whitening procedures usually last about an hour and sometimes require touch-up appointments after about a year.
- Dental Implants: Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants replace both a missing tooth and its root. This revolutionary procedure utilizes the body’s natural healing abilities and takes advantage of a process called osseointegration. The bone grows around the implant, which your dentist surgically places, providing a permanent and natural looking tooth replacement.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are porcelain dental restorations which cover the surface of a tooth to provide a whole new look. Veneers can improve the appearance of chipped, cracked, misshapen, discolored, or otherwise compromised teeth.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns and bridges can restore the biting surface of your teeth to provide a renewed appearance and functionality. A crown, which fits over a tooth, helps stabilize and protect a weakened tooth. A dental bridge replaces a tooth above the gumline. The bridge uses a dental crown on each side to stay in place.
- Contouring and Reshaping: Contouring and reshaping procedures reshape a tooth’s enamel to improve its appearance. This fast and easy procedure can make a big impact, treating uneven, slightly misshapen, or chipped teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or its procedures, please contact Dr. Denise Stone and Dr. David Stone Jr. at Stone Family Dentistry in Charleston, SC. Call (843) 556-6566 to schedule your consultation for a cosmetic dentistry procedure with your dentist today!